If you invest in our design service now - we assure you it will save you expense later!!
Please read through the example shown below, and this will explain how money can be saved on your own project.
To make it simple we will use a standard 3 bedroom semi as our example property - which is by far the most lived-in House type in the UK.
If we assume the above example please note the following 6 steps which will ultimately save thousands of pounds if you follow our suggestions.
- Based on current statistics (Feb 2010) the average cost for a plumber/contractor to supply and install a full heating system in the example property is £5000. This assumes a gas fired boiler is used.
- However the Ravensbourne guaranteed design service will only cost some £60-£80 for this example property - and the fee is refundable should you purchase through Ravensbourne. When using our guarantee design service we can guarantee that all rooms WILL reach suggested temperatures - even if it is freezing outside!
- The Ravensbourne guaranteed design service will provide full working drawings, a quote for materials, installation instructions for the self-installer. Based on current materials costings (Feb 2010) we can supply all materials for this example property at £2000-£2500. We do not charge for delivery on mainland UK.
- When using the Ravensbourne guarantee design package - it is a straightforward process for the average householder to self-install the 1st and 2nd phase plumbing. This would include hanging the boiler and radiators, fitting all interconnecting pipes and relevent fittings, locating and wiring all necessary controls.
- In order to comply with current UK regulations (and also for obvious safety reasons) - your next step is to employ a registered installer to commission the boiler (gas or oil). This would be half a day's work for a competent professional, who would also usually recheck the clients plumbing/electrics at the same time. The current average fee for this service (Feb 2010) is £500-£800.
- If we compare the cost of using a contractor for the complete installation against the Ravensbourne self-install design package you will note that for a little extra effort you have saved some £2000 on the project. If you apply the same principle to larger properties/projects then the saving incurred will also increase expedentially.